- Listed: November 10, 2015 5:08 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Twigle helps beginner and intermediate birders to easily identify birds as it automatically recognises birds from their photos and birdsongs. Simply take a photo or record a singing bird and Twigle will identify it.
Twigle uses image recognition to help you identify 540 species of birds from North America, 350 species from Southern Africa and 310 species from the UK & Ireland with an accuracy of 60%.
As a complete field guide to birds, Twigle includes a powerful search tool, HD pictures, detailed bird descriptions and birdsongs, all meant to help you better know your birds.
Twigle is the first app in the world to have both image recognition for bird photos and audio recognition technology for bird songs.
Download Twigle’s offline database containing information on bird behavior, habitat, diet, breeding and text description. Once downloaded, there’s no need to connect to the Internet to access the database – it’s all on your phone, ready for birding even where there’s no Internet connection.
This bird identification app also gives you access to multiple images and composites for each bird, hear multiple bird songs and calls, and see highly detailed bird descriptions including habitat and distribution, feeding, breeding, and of course, their calls and songs.
With Twigle, you’ll enhance your bird watching experience with these fun features:
• Identify birds from their photos (requires an internet connection)
• Identify birds based only on their calls and songs (requires an internet connection)
• Search smart by color, habitat, bird size, and bird appearance
• Keep a bird journal to record all of your memorable sightings
• Explore composite identification images of birds in various stages of their lifetime
• Listen to several bird songs and calls through the in-app database
• Pinch and zoom HD pictures to see the most detail of each bird
Download now Twigle from the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/za/app/id917162657) and enjoy birdwatching in a whole new way!
Our classic antarctica wildlife cruise traverses some of the most interesting areas in the southern ocean; notably the falkland and south georgia islands